Welcome to Kevin's Music Blog

Hello, and welcome to my music blog. Here I am going to put in my two cents on different albums. I am a selective listener by nature, so I am going to do my best to be open minded about different styles and groups, even ones I don't normally listen to. I also accept requests for artists or albums to be reviewed on my special requests blog. If you disagree with my critiques feel free to say so in a calm constructive manner. Also, I hope my views do not offend you.

Note: Any comments out right insulting an artist or comments involving any form of bigotry will be deleted.

Have a nice day and enjoy your favorite artists. Please subscribe.

Kevin Card is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

Monday, October 31, 2011

Amy Winehouse rests in peace while Breaking Benjamin Breaks Up

Update: Amy Wine house died of severe alcohol poisoning. This was written back in July originally.

Hello again everybody, Kevin here bringing news you have heard before and some you might not have heard before. Why comment so late? I guess I like to give things some time to simmer. A few weeks ago Amy Winehouse passed away of currently unknown circumstances. I would just like to make a late tribute to her by saying that though I was never really a fan of her music, but she sang form her heart and she had skilled musicians in the band she sang with. So, R.I.P. Amy Winehouse. The way I was raised I always pay respect to the dead, even if they were bad people. To me the best way to respect the dead is to not speak badly of them, so even if Ke$ha or Pete Wentz were to die tomorrow I would still wish them peace. For I have found from experience it is okay to dislike an artist's music, but to truly hate the artist makes me and others kind of an asshole.

Speaking of A-hole related things, Ben Burnley has sued the other members of Breaking Benjamin for remixing their hit song "Blow Me Away" with the band using another singer, which broke the agreement the band had of not touching their songs while Ben is sick and the band is on hiatus. Guitarist Aaron Fincke and Bassist Mark James Keplaski are currently denying the law suit on the fact that Ben has performed twice this year. I know I didn't finish posting the BB discography here but their latest album was very poorly written and very winy, so I am not surprised the band broke up. In fact this is probably for the best so the members can each pursue their own creative careers. So, R.I.P. Breaking Benjamin, the good Breaking Benjamin died in 2009 anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment