Welcome to Kevin's Music Blog

Hello, and welcome to my music blog. Here I am going to put in my two cents on different albums. I am a selective listener by nature, so I am going to do my best to be open minded about different styles and groups, even ones I don't normally listen to. I also accept requests for artists or albums to be reviewed on my special requests blog. If you disagree with my critiques feel free to say so in a calm constructive manner. Also, I hope my views do not offend you.

Note: Any comments out right insulting an artist or comments involving any form of bigotry will be deleted.

Have a nice day and enjoy your favorite artists. Please subscribe.

Kevin Card is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com

Monday, October 31, 2011

21 by Adele Review

Hello everyone, I was going to review "Time Pieces" by Eric Clapton but I have decided to do something more current since I am writing for my school news paper now. Here is my review of "21" by Adele:

The album "21" has many powerful emotions and soulful singing and is a far cry from songs about partying and dancing, this album was written about Adele losing her lover, going through heartbreak, and finally finding a new lover.

“Rolling in the Deep” is strong for the nicely paced buildup and the dominant vocals during the chorus. “Set Fire to the Rain” has sheer intensity of raw disgust and anger from Adele at her ex-lover. “I’ll be Waiting” is very catchy for its Motown/ Soul style playing and singing reminiscent of Aretha Franklin’s “Rock Steady.”

“He Won’t Go” seems weak because the first half is repetitive and the song drags on because of it. “Take It All” has great emoting of frustration but pace seems slower than it should be and it does not build to a climax. “Love Song” when compared to the original song by The Cure is noticeably lacking in energy and just comes off as boring. However, the remaining tracks are worth a listen through.

“21” is not for partygoers and rap fans, but definitely for people looking for something different with compelling lyrics and real emotions. Despite not having every track be an epic masterpiece, Adele has powerful lyrics and an old-school style of singing, which does justice to the best hits of past decades. It is also refreshing that she does not have to rely on auto-tune but rather on her vocal talent. Lastly, some songs may have sounded dry and the production was a bit hollow sounding, but overall this album is very enjoyable and well written. ****

Rolling in the Deep Music Video:


Someone Like You Live in Adele's Home:


Set Fire to the Rain Unofficial Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment